Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Back...Marathon Style

So it turns out I wasn't so good at blogging, I clearly got distracted too easily. But I'm here to give it a second shot...only a year later. And I have a good excuse for starting up again--I'm going to use this space to chronicle my training for the Boston Marathon! Yes, that's right, I am officially running the Boston Marathon on April 19, 2010. It's less than 100 days away--yikes!

You may be wondering, how is it possible that I, not known for being a particularly fast runner, qualified for the Boston Marathon? Well, the answer is, I am running for a very important cause from a very important institution--The Tufts President's Marathon Challenge! As a proud Jumbo, I am very excited to be a part of this program. For those who don't know, the Tufts President's Marathon Challenge is a program at Tufts University where students, staff, parents, friends, and yes, alumni train to run the Boston Marathon and raise money to support the The Friedman School of Nutrition's research and efforts to fight childhood and adolescent obesity. As a public health student, this cause is near and dear to my heart, and I am excited to be a part of it. If you want to know more about the program, visit: http://www.tuftsmarathonchallenge.com/

So in the next 88 days, I will (hopefully) be posting here regularly, talking about my training runs, sharing some facts about childhood obesity, letting you know how much my appetite has increased, and just sharing random facts about my life. I hope you'll enjoy it!

And please, if you can, support me in my efforts--you can donate online at: http://www.tuftsmarathonchallenge.com/runners/miriamst.

No comments: